ENTRIES HAVE CLOSED.
We are pleased to announce that once again, we will form a syndicate for this year’s Kosciuszko.
“The Kosciuszko is the world’s richest race for country-trained horses, carrying $2 million in prizemoney. Every horse in the race is nominated by a winner of the Kosciuszko sweepstakes who share in the prizemoney of their nominated horse. $5.00 tickets in the Kosciuszko sweepstakes are available for sale through the TAB App and your local TAB venue.
The Kosciuszko race is a 1200 metre sprint contest run under set weights and penalties conditions on the same day as The TAB Everest at Royal Randwick on Saturday 14 October 2023. The race is restricted to NSW country and ACT trained horses only.”
The club will offer entry into the Syndicate to all of its members with the club kick-starting the fund with $2,000
- To be eligible you have to be a fully paid financial or life member as of the date of entering the syndicate.
- No employee or standing board member or their immediate family are eligible to enter.
- Daniel Lacey will be the owner of the syndicate and if the syndicate is drawn he will choose and negotiate the respective horse.
- Each ticket costs $5, however entry will be in multiples of 5 tickets, i.e $25. The maximum entry will be $250 (50 tickets).
- The club will pay $2,000 into the syndicate – This $2,000 will be the first deduction from any potential winnings.
- Entries will close at 9am Monday 4 September 2023. All entries received after this time will not be accepted and any associated moneys will be returned.
- If the syndicate draws a horse each entry will form a percentage of the total pool calculated after subtracting the club’s contribution. For example, if the total pool is $10,000, $2000 will be returned to the club, leaving a total pool of $8000. If you have purchased $200 worth of tickets your stake in the syndicate will be 200/8000 i.e. 2.5%.
- Winnings (net of any outgoings and the club’s $2000 contribution) will be distributed according to each syndicate member’s percentage ownership as calculated above. For example, if the syndicate wins $20,000 and your stake is 2.5% your return will be 2.5% of $18,000 being $450.
- For transparency purposes all syndicate members and their respective ownership percentages will be listed in a document and distributed to the syndicate members.
- If the syndicate does secure a slot the ‘owners’ for the actual race day attendance will potentially be limited. In such an event the ‘owners’ will be randomly selected. A draw will be conducted at Gosford Race Club premises and both successful and unsuccessful syndicate members will be notified of the result.
- The draw for the Kosciuszko will be made at Racing NSW head office at 10am on the 8th of September 2023.
- The race will be run at Royal Randwick on the 14th of October 2023.
To enter please transfer your relevant amount to the account below and include your name and member number.
Account – Gosford Race Club
A/C – 10188045
BSB – 062 690
Upon purchasing tickets into the syndicate you accept and are bound by the terms and conditions as noted and included herein.
Please note that the Kosciuszko format is that of a raffle. There are no guarantees that your ticket will be drawn or that there will be a financial return. Please read the full terms and conditions (link below) before entering and please gamble responsibly and within your means.